Benjamin Kaiser - Online Games Industry Veteran
Benjamin Kaiser's Bio:
Benjamin Kaiser is part of the Online Games industry since 2001 when he joined gamigo AG, one of Europe's first online games publisher.
In that time he has worked on getting the first fully localized MMORPG ("The 4th Coming") to the German market and establishing the most successful game server provider in Germany at that time. Later on he took over a major part in developing the full automated billing- and account management system until he left the company to co-found Yusho GmbH, an Online Games publisher and service provider, in January 2006.
As Director Licensing & International Business he took an active part in publishing "Bounty Bay Online" ("Voyage Century" by Snailgame, a chinese developer) for the European market. Benjamin became General Manager in 2007. Yusho GmbH grew to one of the leading companies in the european Online Games market specialized in operating, servicing and billing of virtual worlds.
In July 2008 Yusho GmbH and Onlinewelten GmbH merged into Frogster Online Gaming GmbH, a subsidiary of the stockmarket listet company Frogster Interactive Pictures AG (Entry Standard, WKN: A0F47J, ISIN: DE000A0F47J1), to take over the responsibility for their Online Games operations with about 200 employees.
In his new role, Benjamin took over the part of the Technical Director at Frogster Online Gaming GmbH as well as the General Management of Onlinewelten Network GmbH.
In 2010 Frogster Interactive Pictures AG was taken over by Gameforge AG with an overall value of around 80 Mio. €. That was the time when Benjamin left Frogster Online Gaming GmbH and Onlinewelten Network GmbH to co-found Neonga AG, an Online Games publisher.
From this time on he worked as CTO and led a team of technical experts to build up a new technical infrastructure for the new founded company.
By 2012 he left Neonga AG and joined highdigit GmbH. As their CTO he brought in his long year experiences to develop an all-in-one backend solution as SaaS to the market. This solution supports Online Games and Mobile Games publishers all over the world to launch and operate their games in a cost-efficient way.
Benjamin Kaiser's Experience:
CTO at highdigit GmbHApril 2012 - Present | Münster / Berlin
- Transport technical vision of highdigit - Build technical strategies - Manage and projecting development- and IT-team - Enhance companies flagship product "HD Backend" - Find technical solutions for B2B clients
CTO / Board of Directors at Neonga AGOctober 2010 - March 2012 | Berlin
- Build technical infrastructure - Hire technical talents for the new founded company - Lead all technical department projects and tasks - Technical contact and communication with foreign partners
Technical Director at Frogster Online Gaming GmbHJuly 2008 - May 2010 | Berlin
- Lead development department - Provide technical infrastructure for a rapidly growing company - Hire good working and experienced technical team - Face the dare of a stockmarket listed company
General Manager at Onlinewelten Network GmbHJuly 2008 - May 2010 | Berlin
- Operational part of the Onlinewelten GmbH was transfered to the Onlinewelten Network GmbH - Lead the company as General Manager - Run a gaming news portal as well as different marketing cooperations with game related companies
General Manager at Linuworx GbRJanuary 2006 - December 2008 | Rheine
- Implement different web projects for local agencies - Offer and manage webhosting solutions
General Manager at Yusho GmbHJuly 2007 - July 2008 | Berlin
- Manage and lead the technical department of the company - Build up infrastructure for onlinegame publishing - Manage technical cooperation with Frogster Interactive Pictures AG and Gameforge GmbH - Conceptual design and development of billing system for onlinegames - Conceptual design and development of server management tools for onlinegames
Director Licensing & International Business at Yusho GmbHJanuary 2006 - July 2007 | Rheine
- Lead the licensing & int. business team - Coordinating the sourcing manager in Seoul (South Korea) to license AAA MMORPGs for the European market - Caring and negotiations with various overseas based game developers - Bringing MMORPG "Bounty Bay Online" ("Voyage Century") from china based developer Snailgames to Europe. - Manage international contacts network
Software Engineer at gamigo AGApril 2001 - December 2005 | Rheine
- One of the first onlinegames publishers in europe - Publish first fully localized MMORPG in Germany - Invent, design and implement new tools and systems for a brand-new market - Implement automatic systems for billing and gameserver management
Benjamin Kaiser's Education:
gamigo AG2001 – 2003Education as systems engineerActivities: - System architecture, hardware and operating systems - Application software - Network architecture and services - Programming systems - Installation and configuration - Ciphering method for data protection and copyrights - System maintenance and development - Interface controlling - Client specific user solutions - Technical marketing - Project controlling and quality assurance - System integration - Error analysis and fault clearance
Widar School1986 – 2000University entrance examActivities: Visiting the waldorf school from the 1st to the 13th grade, finished with a university entrance exam. The school is based on an anthroposophical view with the goal to enable students as fully as possible to choose and, in freedom, to realize their individual path through life as adults.